Monday, October 12, 2015

How to live an animal cruelty free life in the world of cosmetics




       Hello everyone!


Today I wanted to write about being animal cruelty free.

You may be asking yourself what I mean by this, which is a very good question. A lot of others are not aware of what happens with your cosmetics before packaging and distribution. 

With a lot of drugstore cosmetics, for instance: L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, etc, test their products on animals before sale. And no, they no not apply their mascara to their lashes to see if it makes them more beautiful. 

The reality is quite awful and disturbing, and I believe that it is very important for the world of animal testing to be exposed. I apologize in advance if you find this material disturbing or it makes you uncomfortable, although it should, there is not much other alternatives as to how this could be faced. 

In the world of animal testing, makeup and body cleaning companies will go through an animal testing procedure. They will use ingredients, or possibly the product itself, take cute and fluffy animals, such as rabbits, rats, guinea pigs, dogs, cats, etc, and they will take those chemicals and products and drip them into the animals eyes, throat, nose, ears, and other openings of the animals body. They will also soak the animals in some of these chemicals or products, which may cause severe burning, rashes, irritation, hair loss, and sadly, much more. Each animal is usually used until their death, which is usually a result of poisoning. 

The next few images may appear graphic or disturbing to some viewers, so I am just putting in a fair warning! 


http://theirturn.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/20130917-223923.jpg


Addhttp://theirturn.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Rabbit_test.jpg caption


https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?
q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ2qxJeNdx2wVJZfpROevc9sxVuw18AppW
CopcioCsyWy8ii_K


These images shows only a few of the harsh realities that many little creatures face. It is very depressing and very real. 

Some people may find themselves thinking something along the lines of human's safety, and that is normal. Although, what others fail to realize and understand is that due to the difference in genetic makeup and chemicals within animals, the results of the testing are impossible to be accurate at all. See the following link for 33 reason why animals testing is pointless -> http://www.peta2.com/boards/topic/33-reasons-why-animal-testing-is-pointless/

I have been cruelty free for roughly two months now, and really, my life hasn't changed hardly at all in the world of cosmetics. Honestly, due to the switch, I have been able to discover makeup that is much better for my skin in general, and the results on my skin have been much more impressive and I am much more satisfied with the look and feel. 



Here is list of ample companies who do not participate in animal testing. 


http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cruelty-free-brands.png

My daily makeup products consist of NARS foundation, Too faced bronzer, NYX eyeliner and mascara, elf eye shadow (for brows), too faced eye shadow or Urban Decay eye shadow. 
Within my next post I will demonstrate the use of my daily makeup routine and products. 
I appreciate those who took the time to look at this post because being cruelty free is very important to me and my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment